Diamonds, and daisies, and Earth Day, oh my! April is such a lovely month to welcome new life into the world. The rain is clearing the cold of days past, and the flowers are peeking their heads out of the soil, insinuating colorful days ahead. Your little springtime darling is a breath of fresh air for our world. . . opening their eyes to the wonder of a new season! Here are some fun facts about your April baby.
Fun Facts About April Babies
The Ram or The Bull
When the stars align, and your little one arrives, they fall under one of two astrological signs this month. If a baby comes in the first half of the month, between April 1st and April 19th, you will have a little fire sign on your hands. Aries is the first sign in the zodiac – which could mean your baby will like to be the leader of the pack. When we think of those who fall under this sign, we think of brave and strong-willed people. Astrology.com says, “Aries are the trailblazers, going forward into uncharted territory, to clear the road ahead for others.” This sounds like a recipe for your baby to be a future world-changer! Make sure you pick a name to match their incredible nature.
Parents who expect the arrival to fall during the second half of the month, April 20th through April 30th, will be welcoming their own pint-sized bull! Your April baby will fall under the zodiac sign Taurus. This earth sign is reliable, devoted, and responsible. Taurus babies thrive on routine and embrace lots of attention and certainty. It sounds like you and your late April baby will be able to establish a great schedule together!
Diamonds are forever!
Just like the connection between mother and child, a diamond is forever. April’s birthstone is a diamond, representing longevity and happiness. This stone is considered the strongest and most durable gem – a perfect representation of the relationship you and your baby are forming. The depth of devotion you will feel for your child is truly the purest form of love. The relationship you and your baby will form occurs naturally, a strong bond brought from some high-intensity moments of pregnancy and delivery. Like your diamond, all that stress and pressure will bring something beautiful: your baby!
A little sweet pea
It could be laidback and cuddly days ahead for you and your April baby. One of the birth flowers for April is the Daisy. These cute and petite plants are bound to bring a smile to any face. They’re angelic, with their soft small petals and cheery yellow centers. The daisy is a plant that doesn’t fuss. They’re able to grow and thrive in any environment, closing their petals to sleep in the evening and only waking again when the new day comes. Since a baby does not have petals to show us when they’re ready for sleep, try learning the signals to get them to stay snuggled in until dawn!
The Sweet Pea is April’s other symbolic blossom. The lovely scent of a sweet pea will draw you in, convincing you to give it one more whiff, much like the smell of your precious new baby’s head. This flower signifies bliss. . . the perfect description of what you will be feeling for your April child.
Did you plan this birth date? Or did you accidentally grab the most sought-after ticket in town ?! According to Science Daily, Moms would even be willing to pay to have their children fall under this birth month! Sonia Orrefice, a professor, said, “Our work has discovered that there really is a desire to give birth in the spring.” Your baby will be arriving when the risk of influenza is statistically lower, work and career schedules may line up easier with postpartum recovery and bonding time, and the threat of being pregnant in the heat of the summer is gone! A springtime baby is a desirable plan!
A look on the bright side!
Your April baby may be your little optimist in the family, and look at life with a half-glass-full mentality! According to European research, people born in the springtime and summertime are more likely to have an excessively positive attitude than people born in other months. Perhaps the seasons affect our little ones’ mood-influencing neurotransmitters and help them be our cheery babies. Whatever it may be, we love a happy baby!
A Fun Birthday Month
Don’t be fooled. . . this month is full of awesome days to be born!
- April 1: April Fools Day
- April 2: Good Friday, World Autism Awareness Day
- April 3: National Find a Rainbow Day
- April 4: Easter (Baby Chick Basket Ideas!)
- April 5: National Deep Dish Pizza Day
- April 6: National Student-Athlete Day
- April 7: World Health Day, National No Housework Day
- April 8: National Empanada Day
- April 9: National Unicorn Day
- April 10: National Sibling Day
- April 11: National Pet Day
- April 12: National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
- April 13: National Scrabble Day (# 6 on our Baby Chick list!)
- April 14: National Gardening Day
- April 15: National High Five Day, National Laundry Day
- April 16: Wear Pajamas to Work Day
- April 17: Husband Appreciation Day
- April 18: National Animal Cracker Day
- April 19: National Garlic Day
- April 20: Chinese Language Day
- April 21: National Kindergarten Day
- April 22: Earth Day (A great way to celebrate!)
- April 23: Day of Silence, World Book Day
- April 24: National Skipping Day
- April 25: World Malaria Day
- April 26: National Pretzel Day
- April 27: National Prime Rib Day
- April 28: National Superhero Day
- April 29: International Dance Day
- April 30: Honesty Day, National Arbor Day
Famous Birthday Twins!
Your baby could share a birthday with. . .
- April 1: Asa Butterfield
- April 2: Michael Fassbender
- April 3: Eddie Murphy, Alec Baldwin, Adam Scott, Jennie Garth, Amanda Bynes
- April 4: Robert Downey Jr, David Cross
- April 5: Hayley Atwell, Lily James, Pharrell Williams
- April 6: Paul Rudd, Zach Braff
- April 7: Russell Crowe, Jackie Chan
- April 8: Patricia Arquette
- April 9: Kristen Stewart, Dennis Quaid, Leighton Meester, Elle Fanning
- April 10: Jamie Chung, Steven Seagal, Mandy Moore, Haley Joel Osment
- April 11: Jennifer Esposito
- April 12: Saoirse Ronan, Shannen Doherty, Claire Danes, Brooklyn Decker
- April 13: Ron Perlman
- April 14: Adrien Brody, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Abigail Breslin
- April 15: Emma Watson, Emma Thompson, Seth Rogen
- April 16: Martin Lawrence, Jon Cryer
- April 17: Jennifer Garner
- April 18: Conan O’Brien, Melissa Joan Hart, America Ferrera
- April 19: Ashley Judd, Kate Hudson
- April 20: Jessica Lange, Carmen Electra, Miranda Kerr
- April 21: Tony Danza, Andie MacDowell
- April 22: Jack Nicholson
- April 23: Valerie Bertinelli, George Lopez, Michael Moore, John Cena
- April 24: Barbra Streisand, Cedric the Entertainer
- April 25: Renee Zellweger, Jason Lee, Sara Paxton
- April 26: Channing Tatum, Jet Li, Kevin James
- April 27: Sally Hawkins
- April 28: Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz, Jay Leno
- April 29: Michelle Pfeiffer, Jerry Seinfeld, Uma Thurman
- April 30: Kirsten Dunst, Gal Gadot
No matter what star sign your baby is born under or what famous person they happen to share their celebratory day with, the only thing that matters is that they are here! Welcome April babies!