At NerdWallet, we attempt that can assist you make monetary selections. To this, many or all merchandise featured listed here are from our companions. Nevertheless, this doesn’t affect our evaluations. Our opinions are our personal.
CornerStone is considered one of 9 corporations that service federal scholar loans by amassing and monitoring funds. It's overseen by the Utah Greater Schooling Help Authority, or UHEAA, a state authorities company. If CornerStone is your scholar mortgage servicer, right here's what it could possibly show you how to do.
- Register for on-line entry to your account. After getting entry you’ll be able to contact CornerStone, entry your month-to-month billing statements and pay payments.
- Enroll in autopay. CornerStone can deduct your funds robotically out of your checking account. Join autopay desires to scale back your curiosity by 0.25%.
- Join income-driven compensation. You possibly can request income-driven compensation, which limits your scholar mortgage funds to a proportion of your revenue, by finishing a paper type with CornerStone. (You possibly can apply on-line on studentloans.gov after which recertify your revenue annually on-line as properly.)
- Course of deferment and forbearance requests. CornerStone will help you quickly cease making funds or cut back your cost quantity for those who qualify. This helps you keep in good standing to keep away from default. However throughout any interval of deferment or forbearance, curiosity will proceed to construct.
- Course of month-to-month funds and additional funds. CornerStone desires to trace and accumulate your funds. CornerStone (on-line, by telephone or by mail) to use additional funds to your present steadiness. In any other case, it could apply the extra quantity to subsequent month's cost as a substitute.
»MORE: Pupil mortgage servicers: Who’re they and what do they do?
Your mortgage servicer is assigned by the U.S. Division of Schooling when your mortgage is disbursed to your school for the primary time. Each month is your servicer. In case your mortgage has not began or isn’t your organization, look no additional. Federal Pupil Assist to seek out out.
Servicers are there that can assist you, however they might provide selections which might be finest for the corporate, not the borrower. Reimbursement choice for you. It's most necessary to know your choices so you’ll be able to ask the proper inquiries to ask.
I'm caught with CornerStone till my loans are paid off?
Loans are typically transferred from one servicer to a different by the Division of Schooling.
You'll be notified if and after this. All servicers ship the identical choices and packages, however customer support could differ from one to a different.
In any other case, you’re more likely to stay with CornerStone except you act to modify servicers. Use this device to seek out out what would possibly give you the results you want.
The right way to attain CornerStone customer support
CornerStone telephone quantity: 1-800-663-1662
CornerStone hours of operation: Monday – Thursday, 6 a.m. – 7 p.m. MT and Friday, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m. MT
Cornerstone tackle for mortgage funds:
U.S. Division of Schooling
P.O. Field 979133
St. Louis, MO 63197-9000
Cornerstone tackle for basic correspondence:
CornerStone Schooling Mortgage Companies
P.O. Field 145122
Salt Lake Metropolis, UT 84114-5122
Cornerstone web site: mycornerstoneloan.org & Internet Chat
CornerStone electronic mail: [email protected]
Cornerstone social channels: Cornerstone Fb and Cornerstone Twitter
The right way to complain about CornerStone
In the event you're having problem with CornerStone, begin by submitting a grievance with the Supervisor of Claims Assessment. It's the servicer's highest customer support workplace. Name (801) 321-7225 or electronic mail Michelle Hansen at [email protected],
In case your subject goes unresolved, you can also make a grievance about CornerStone to:
Be sure you have a dialog with us, together with the day, time and customer support. Preserve copies of any letters, payments or emails about your account.
The right way to settle with CornerStone
If a grievance doesn’t assist, you’ll be able to contact the Federal Pupil Assist Ombudsman Group. This methodology ought to be used as a final resort, says the federal scholar assist workplace. Full all data on the Ombudsman Info Guidelines earlier than contacting. Once you're prepared to take action, right here's how:
By mail: U.S. Division of Schooling
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Field 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
You too can attain out to a nonprofit scholar mortgage as The Institute of Pupil Mortgage Advisors, which supplies free dispute decision.