A visitor contribution by Scarlett Steiner aka Fork & Flower – The kids’s kitchen. I nonetheless keep in mind how I cherished to prepare dinner as a baby. And conjured up crepes on my mother’s small, actual (!) Range within the backyard. Bouillon made with carrots and noodles within the Montessori kindergarten. Organized tea events for my babe … That is why one factor was clear once I grew to become a mother: My baby additionally wants a play kitchen.
Though I’m reluctant to take over this “unfriendly takeover” of the residence with numerous youngsters’s toys. Fairly truly. Properly However a cheerful baby additionally means a cheerful mother. So I used to be fast to throw my ideas overboard on this regard. Fuck life like in stunning residing! We play, dream, conjure up, create chaos, bake, prepare dinner and all that every one day lengthy.
A bit of love and childhood gold
The kids’s kitchen was chosen in a short time. I appreciated the design of the “Duktig” from IKEA very a lot and by way of price-performance ratio it’s unbeatable (at round CHF 100). However I needed to offer her a bit of love, in any case, the nice half is in our kitchen, or within the eating room … I had a glance that was as pure as doable in thoughts. It ought to appear like an actual grownup kitchen. All that was left to do was persuade my husband and get him on the “DIY boat”. For his toddler, nonetheless, he’s shortly enthusiastic, phew.
Since we aren’t followers of protracted initiatives, all the pieces needs to be applied shortly. In different phrases: In someday, that is the plan. So we drove to IKEA, took the kids’s kitchen with us and stopped by a DIY and interest retailer on the way in which dwelling. After which we began to work.
And right here it comes. My little information to fast and straightforward childhood gold.
Pimp youngsters’s kitchen: you want that
- IKEA Duktig youngsters’s kitchen
- Wooden shade for all wood-colored parts. We selected a comfortable previous pink referred to as “Calamine” from Farrow & Ball
- 2-Three bottles of spray paint in copper / previous gold for the fittings and handles. Watch out, the paint ought to keep on with plastic
- Marble adhesive movie for the work floor
- four glass buttons for the switches
- At most, a again wall as a splash guard (however we’ve not connected it but)
Pimp youngsters’s kitchen: that is the way it works
- Lay out and type all elements of the kids’s kitchen
- Cowl the work floor of the kitchen with the marble adhesive movie. Reduce out the recesses (for the washbasin) with a Japanese knife, reduce into the perimeters and glue them throughout
- Paint all wood-colored parts with the colour of your alternative. We would have liked two runs. Let dry in between
- Shade the plastic fittings and handles with the gold spray. Spray on three very skinny layers and allow them to dry properly in between
- When all the pieces is dry, assemble the kids’s kitchen
- Drill holes for the glass buttons / switches and screw in buttons
- And on the finish comes the most effective half: establishing and enjoying within the kitchen!
Our kids’s kitchen is used extensively by little E. Principally once I’m cooking. Then it’s chopped, stirred, fried and baked concurrently. An actual pleasure for each foodie mother!
Ornament and kitchen utensils
Many of the ready-made kitchens had been furnished with issues that we already had at dwelling. However I am at all times searching for mini variations of actual kitchen utensils. So no toys, however actual, usable gadgets within the smallest model. Here’s a listing of issues I can advocate to you:
- Pots and pans from IKEA
- Oven gloves (together with apron) from Liewood
- Cake baking pan (within the oven) and wood spoon from Manufactum
- Copper pot (used scented candle) by Tom Dixon
- Picket vegatables and fruits from BEA Verlag
- Material salad and sausages from IKEA
- Hand cleaning soap from Globus
- Flower pots, vase and small plates product of porcelain from mum’s kitchen (select unbreakable dishes for taking part in …)
Have enjoyable with the tailored youngsters’s kitchen!
You may be considering that too
Pictures: © Fork & Flower by Scarlett Steiner
Do you want this submit? Then share it. Merely click on on the specified image beneath.