For all parents-to-be, there comes a time when they have to deal with the design of the children’s room. The range is large and in various furniture stores everything is available from the cot and the cradle, the changing table and the box to the matching bed linen and carpet. Unfortunately, it is often the case that the prices have no upper limits, and such a complete room, as nice as it may be, is not affordable for all parents-to-be. If you already know whether there is a boy or a girl in your stomach, this will make your planning for the children’s room much easier and you have the option of designing a classic girls ‘or boys’ room. But many parents-to-be do not like it classic, they like to lend a creative hand themselves and then look forward to an individual result, which is also unique and specially tailored to their child. Tips on how to design a child’s room are therefore always in good use – especially if this is the first time you are embarking on this adventure.
Let your creativity take over your mind and body
A children’s room design should be imaginative and also look like a child and not be based too much on the world of adults. After all, your little one should have space in their very own four walls to play, romp and develop, even if this is not an issue in the first few months of their lives. Colorfully designed children’s rooms that exude joie de vivre and a certain charm are very nice and appealing. There are a few things to watch out for here:
- Prefer high-quality furniture with rounded edges so that your child cannot injure themselves
- When choosing a changing table, make sure it is at a comfortable height to protect your own back
- Furniture that grows with you is particularly suitable, for example a changing table can be converted into a normal chest of drawers as storage space and the cot can be transformed into a simple youth bed.
- ensure a pleasant atmosphere in the room with lots of little things such as carpets, curtains or cuddly bed linen
- Make sure that the light in the nursery is not too bright and plan a second, dimmed light now, which you can use best for when you breastfeed your little one, or when they are afraid of the dark. With light you can generally set wonderful accents that promise wonderful dreams – indirect lighting is a good tip here
- There should also be enough storage space so that toys can later be stowed in great organization systems and there is nothing else standing or lying around where you or your child could trip
- Don’t skimp on the mattress – ideally, it should ensure a restful sleep for your child
- Do not do without carefully selected decorative objects such as plush toys, pillows, mobiles or the like – this makes the room look more lively.
If you have a particularly small or misshapen space available for the nursery, it is advisable to get a professional on hand – therefore start planning the nursery design at an early stage in order to create the right environment for your little newcomer.
Trendy wall tattoos spice things up
Special wall tattoos for the children’s room not only bring variety and color to the walls, but also replace the tedious wall painting and are also very trendy. Wall tattoos can be used to put lovingly designed motifs on the walls, such as a jungle with trees, plants and animals, a train or a pirate ship. Once your child is a little more independent, they will love the cute motifs on the walls, they also serve as constant sleep companions and creative food for thought. Various online providers in particular have specialized in wall tattoos and offer hundreds of different motifs for different tastes. This is a simple method to beautify the walls, which saves a lot of time and money and is also the best alternative to wallpapering.
The wall is breathed into life
With photos and pictures you can make a bare wall much livelier and friendlier. You will definitely receive a photo album for the birth of your little honorary citizen – this will also find a special place in every child’s room. Photos and pictures of animals, the family or the baby, even once they are born, are particularly well framed. Photo canvases also spice up any room if you choose the right motif.