As Vegetarian you need to pay more attention to a wide variety of foods and take nutritional supplements. This is even more important if you are underweight or vegan feed are. In particular, you need a lot of protein, iron, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B 12 and zinc during the next nine months.
This is how you cover your protein needs
Cheese and milk alone are not enough for the protein requirement. Eggs, legumes, and grains also provide protein. Nuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds can make an ideal addition. As a vegetarian, tofu should be on your menu.
Don’t forget vitamin D!
You get calcium from consuming milk and dairy products. Vitamin D is also required for absorption by the body. This is found in fatty fish, butter and margarine, but is also donated by sunlight. However, it should be considered here to use a dietary supplement, i.e. to supply vitamin D in the form of medication.
Folic acid is important for pregnant women
You should also take vitamin B and folic acid in the form of a dietary supplement. Your doctor will provide you with sufficient information and prescribe the right preparation in the ideal dose.
Nutrient-rich snacks are for you during pregnancy:
- Nuts are great sources of energy, cashew nuts, for example, contain iron and almonds contain calcium
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds provide your body with protein and zinc
- Fresh fruits contain vitamin C.
- Dried fruits like figs, apricots and plums are good for on the go and contain valuable iron and fiber
- Whole grain toast brings you energy, iron and B vitamins
- Muesli or cereal are good sources of vitamins and contain minerals, especially iron
- Yogurt and cheese are good sources of calcium
The iron that is so necessary for pregnancy is provided by lentils, beans, breakfast cereals, eggs, dark leafy vegetables, whole grain bread, tofu and dried fruits.